Supermicro h11dsi + amd epyc 7542 no video output

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mminelleo

Oct 1, 2023
hi, I bought a used supermicro h11dsi and a single epyc 7542. I'm trying to start the server and cannot enter BIOS or even connect to IPMI. the JPG1 jumper is set to 1->2, CPU is in the 1st slot and LEDM1 is blinking. What can I do to test what's wrong with my configuration or with my parts?

EBRAddict

Jun 16, 2023
Replace the CMOS battery, reset the CMOS. JPG1 is the VGA jumper? If you plug in the ethernet jack for the IPMI does it get a DHCP lease or use a default IP address?

Since it's used double check all the jumpers and put them back to factory default positions. If there's any voltage test points on the motherboard check those with a voltmeter.

You've probably tried that but that's all I've got. :)

EBRAddict

Jun 16, 2023
I don't know much about these, so where do I find out which voltage is expected on them?
The user manual should list them, if available. Not all motherboards have them.

I just saw on the SuperMicro web site this board must be version 2.X to support 7002 series CPUs. Is your board revision 2+?

Do you see any link lights when you connect the IPMI lan to your network?

mminelleo

Oct 1, 2023
Is your board revision 2+
yes

Do you see any link lights when you connect the IPMI lan to your network?
I've tweaked my local network a bit and it appears to have working IPMI but I don't know password for it. I've tried both ADMIN/ADMIN and ADMIN/PASSWORD_FROM_LABEL_ON_MOTHERBOARD and it seems to have non-default password as the motherboard is used

EBRAddict

Jun 16, 2023
I'm assuming you tried the actual printed password from the motherboard? Mine was hard to find since it was underneath my M.2 stick.

Check if there's a password reset jumper on the mobo, then use the password from the sticker. Not the mac address!