Supermicro 16-pins cables from the chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
I installed a motherboard (an SM one) and the provided cable with the chassis (like a CBL-0071L) is too short for connect to the motherboard.

So dou you know a reference for an extender ?

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
The adapter cable I bought to use a non-SM board came with a M/M adapter to connect to the existing cable that might work for you.

CBL-0084L

Combined with the cable you mentioned, that should be long enough for most setups. I don't know if the adapter is available separately.

Another option is a long-pin header like those used for stacking arduino shields. You would have to make sure the pin spacing and such was the right size, but there are lots of options out there on Mouser, Digikey, etc..

Reactions: nephri

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I installed a motherboard (an SM one) and the provided cable with the chassis (like a CBL-0071L) is too short for connect to the motherboard.
This is in a Supermicro chassis? Normally, I've found that the front panel cable is long enough to pretty much reach out the back of the chassis, unless you need it near the far side PCI slot.

I make my own custom cables (this one breaks out the LAN 1 LED to a separate 10GbE adapter):