Suggestion on the articles

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lost-Benji

Jan 21, 2013
The arse end of the planet
Would it be too much to see a more in-depth look at the hardware being reviewed?

I am not chasing pages and pages of synthetic benchmarks but would like to see loads more pictures (if possible) and definitely more info on the devices concerned. This comes from the resent ASRock server with a badly named article implying the system had a dual-sided systemboard for holding dual Xeons.
Dual Xeon Double-Sided Hybrid Storage Server
"Double ended storage server with dual Xeon"would have been a little more to point.:confused:

I was excited to read it but was left rather wanting for more. Give us the juicy bits.....lol

or send them to me and I would be happy to do full work-ups.;)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Would it be too much to see a more in-depth look at the hardware being reviewed?

I am not chasing pages and pages of synthetic benchmarks but would like to see loads more pictures (if possible) and definitely more info on the devices concerned. This comes from the resent ASRock server with a badly named article implying the system had a dual-sided systemboard for holding dual Xeons.

"Double ended storage server with dual Xeon"would have been a little more to point.:confused:

I was excited to read it but was left rather wanting for more. Give us the juicy bits.....lol

or send them to me and I would be happy to do full work-ups.;)
Double-sided is pretty much the industry term for storage accessible by both sides. This was more of a release note tagged as "news" rather than a formal review. If you have seen recently we have a full "review" format now as well as a less formal format.

If there is something you do want to do a full work-up on we are allowing guest posts. In the last two weeks both RimBlock and nitrobass24 have had pieces featured.

I can't write 2,000+ word pieces 4x per week myself. :-/