[Solved] G292-z20 wont detect gpus

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

iron-bound

Jul 7, 2019
Hey so I got this gigabyte g292-z20 server with aim to run 2-4 GPU’s via the eight pcie slots.
Unfortunatly when testing with a single pcie card both the cards I have 7900xtx and 4090 fail to detect in lspci… so I’m stuck

image1000×760 50.3 KB

Its running microsemi pci switches which I hope dont need a driver, but due to lack of experence maybe its a thing?

I’m ording some basic pci cards for testing but could anyone with the server give me feedback on their expernce or confirm if pci works out of the box?

mrpasc

Jan 8, 2022
Munich, Germany
Its running microsemi pci switches which I hope dont need a driver, but due to lack of experence maybe its a thing?
They don’t need a driver, definitely. They are just „dumb“ PCIE switches.

I’m ording some basic pci cards for testing but could anyone with the server give me feedback on their expernce or confirm if pci works out of the box?
It works out of the box, but I use Tesla T4, they are on the (somewhat very limited) QVL and they don’t need the additional power connector.

iron-bound

Jul 7, 2019
I ordered a low power GPU so I'll test that soon, I'm guessing populating only the 2nd slot isn't a problem.

Could also borrow a multimeter and test the gpu power rails.

iron-bound

Jul 7, 2019
Make sure the version of the Nvidia user space package is a matching version 550.54.15 and skip kernel module install with flag
`sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-[...].run --no-kernel-modules`

Otherwise you need to merge code to use a newer one Multi-GPU Tinygrad Patch