Small SSI EEB compatible desktop case WITHOUT mods.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Last week I posted about a Newegg one day only sale on a Rosewill Gungnir X E-ATX case on sale for under $35.00 that I bought two of.

Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case, Supports up to 420mm Long Graphics Card, Comes with Three Fans Pre-installed - Front 120mm Fan x 2, Rear 120mm Fan x 1 - GUNGNIR X-Newegg.com

I should have bought three, but anyway its a ok build quality case that a SSI EEB motherboard will fit.

I has more room above the board and towards the front of the case than than my Enthoo Pro case does all while being smaller in every dimension.

There is a couple of trade offs, the first is that it can not hold as many hard drives and the second is depending on where the cpu fan and heatsink on a dual cpu board you might have to remove the optical drive cage.

EDIT: You can install 3 ssd's behind the motherboard and three 3.5 " hard drives in the lower front hard drive cage, one bolted to the bottom of the case with screws and rubber grommets and 2 in the removable hard drive trays . And if you use the optical drive cage you can hold a couple of more. Also the optical drive cage is real easy to remove and is acually "L" shaped and after you remove it it looks ok.

EDIT2: I foresee some cussing involved mounting a larger power supply.....

The optical drive cage is not a problem with my EP2C602-4L/D16 board but might with my EP2C612 WS board but to be honest the only bad thing about losing the optical drive cage is you can mount a couple more ssd's or hard drives instead of a dvd drive or two.

But if you go with a dual watercooling setup that will not be an issue.

Here are some pics of a SSI EEB size board just sitting in it.

Do not like the white painted Rosewill, might reach for the semi flat black spray can.

Its small enough to allow me to have a pc on my tiny desktop area along with the Enthoo Pro case on the floor .....maybe using the same monitor , keyboard and mouse...hummmm

Last edited:
Reactions: Marsh

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I'm thinking about using it with my EP2C612 WS board since I only use a couple of ssd's in the current build and putting the EP2C602-4L/D16 board back into the Enthoo Pro case since it can hold a lot more hard drives.

Last edited: