Scams alert

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Numerous scams around at the moment. considering this is a buyers thread. I thought to post here.
(feel free to move this thread if you think fitting)

• I received an email today supposably from 'ServicesPayPal' with the header "Your account status has changed', sender was not PayPal.

• Another email I received on 14th December supposably from 'DHL Service' stating '(my email address) you got incoming shipment, sender was not DHL

• Fake Australia Post, email asks to visit webpage and print off package details/make payment to retrieve your package: Scam alerts

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
I get Fedex and UPS ones here in the US all the time. Usually the links go to some *.ru link

fortezza

Nov 11, 2013
I get them all the time from "Fedex" or "UPS" with a Word Document in a .zip file. That's why I read email in mutt, much easier to see the headers.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
I saw a TV documentary that showed spyware delivery masked as a fake 'Skype software update' dialogue box.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This will continue as long as there are gullible people willing to play along, which is to say they will continue until the last fat lady sings.

Reactions: brendantay