S2600CP2J running great now just blinks system led amber and won't post

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RyanDe

Apr 4, 2020
Everything was running fine. I tried to assign a pci nic card to a vm and start it and things froze up. Thinking I did something wrong (Assigned the main network card or something) I had to force restart since it wasn't responding. Now it won't post at all. Power on light is green at first then it just goes to flashing amber. There are no other leds on (except the little green power led by the motherboard power cord). I tried resetting the bois but and slowly removing parts but nothing has helped.

RyanDe

Apr 4, 2020
I just pulled all the ram and it does the same thing so it's not even getting to the checking ram step. CPU issue, I also don't hear any beeps or anything

yesoos

Mar 10, 2020
PL
And how about exchange if you put cpu from socket 2 to socket 1? I do not have exp with this board (got many dual socks lga2011-3 boards) but it should have ikvm and maybe there is option called POST snooping so you will know the POST code error at least?

RyanDe

Apr 4, 2020
Just tried a new power supply, nope.

There are LED codes to indicate the last POST command but none of them are lit, just the flashing amber system status led.

RyanDe

Apr 4, 2020
Swapped CPUS, put ram back in, same thing. Powers on to a flashing amber system status LED, no video, no beeps.

yesoos

Mar 10, 2020
PL
Sorry I do not have any ideas for you for now. I do not think if assigning things to VM could destroy any physical device, but correct me if I'm wrong.

RyanDe

Apr 4, 2020
Out of ideas, with no feedback am kind of just stuck. I've removed everything but CPU1 and one stick on ram. Same result, no idea. :-(

PeterF

Jul 28, 2014
Out of ideas, with no feedback am kind of just stuck. I've removed everything but CPU1 and one stick on ram. Same result, no idea. :-(
Have you cleared the CMOS?

I have the same motherboard.
It has helped me before.
Follow the instructions!

Can you access the BMC?
There might be error codes reported

BR
Peter

RyanDe

Apr 4, 2020
I cleared it twice, changing that jumper with the power disconnected. Not sure what bmc is, guess I have to look that up.

JM55

Apr 16, 2020
Everything was running fine. I tried to assign a pci nic card to a vm and start it and things froze up. Thinking I did something wrong (Assigned the main network card or something) I had to force restart since it wasn't responding. Now it won't post at all. Power on light is green at first then it just goes to flashing amber. There are no other leds on (except the little green power led by the motherboard power cord). I tried resetting the bois but and slowly removing parts but nothing has helped.
I have an intel board as well.

If you have "solid" amber then its a serious issues and you won't be able to post.

If you have "Blinking" Amber then it should still be fine and should still post. Try plugging your monitor to the built-in VGA of the motherboard.

Learn about Front LED Indicator States for Intel® Server Board...

Last edited: