EU REMOVED - went to metal recycling. Chenbro 3U 12-bay rackmount storage enclosure (probably RM31212)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

heromode

May 25, 2020
So this has been moving with me from place to place, sitting in storage. I have no use for it, since the 3U height doesn't fit a standard ATX PSU, it makes it too loud for home use. It's very old, about 20 years old i think, but in overall good condition. It has one PSU of unknown specs installed directly to case, without PSU hot-swap bay. The case allows for another PSU of same size above it. It has the fan bar with original fans, and all screws for the HDD trays, and a slimline CD-ROM installed. It also has a old PATA backplane for 4x disks, but i believe backplanes are readily available for this case. It's possible to attach cables straight to disks without a backplane as well.

IIRC one of the top cover locking mechanisms might be slightly damaged, the top cover sits tight, and to open it one has to use a flathead screwdriver to twist a bit where the front side of top cover meets the chassis to get it to move, before sliding it open with hands.

It's currently in apt. storage space wrapped in cellophane, but if anyone wants pictures i will fetch it and take whatever pics necessary.

Attached is the only picture i found of the same case, but judging by the handles and HDD trays, a later revision of the same model. I believe the model number is RM31212

Local pickup in FI highly preferred, located in the Sipoo region. To ship it i'd first have to source a big enough cardboard box for it, and arrange for pickup by chosen delivery company, as i'm unable to transport it myself. If buyer wants it shipped anywhere in EU, i will accomodate as long as buyer is prepared for additional delays due to arrangements.

Asking 50 EUR

chenbro-RM31212.jpg

Edit: from memory, this is exactly how the locking mechanism on the trays look like. But i think they are still older than this, as i don't think they have the black plastic on the sides like in the picture.

chenbro_trays.jpg

Last edited: