Rebuild server room

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

marcel

Oct 15, 2016
Hi,

I have a Minisforum UM773 lite with proxmox running. This is a test setup but I look for a replacement / ideas. The idea was to replace the UM773 lite with 3 Minisforum MS-01 what I told in the ECC non ECC memory thread. I like to build an energy efficient Proxmox cluster. I also looking into buying an Synology again for my storage. I had an unRAID server for a couple of years but hardware is very old. Reading the thread here on this forums about the MS-01 I doubt if it is wise to purchase one. The availability is a nightmare. I'm not sure what route to take. I'm not sure if I want to go the self build route. I think buying on eBay is a bit tricky because I'm located in the Netherlands and deals are not that good. Also I'm think of selling my rack and go for desktop stuff. It is cheaper and more silent. Please your input and ideas!

louie1961

May 15, 2023
I run a HP Elitedesk 800 G9 with an intel i5-12500T processor. It has dual NVME slots, so I run a ZFS mirror for my proxmox installation. I put all of my VMs into the same disk mirror. My data is stored on either my Synology NAS or my Terramaster NAS. I purchased the HP FlexIO 10gb NIC for the unit, and Proxmox recognized it straight away. It uses about 10 watts at idle. No ECC memory, but it works really well, and with the NIC, it cost me a little more than $600 USD. I bought it off of Ebay. Just be 100% sure if you are buying one or more of these that you get one that definitively says the bios is not password locked. On the G9 you can't reset the bios password

louie1961

May 15, 2023