Raising ATX 24 power connector

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

noduck

Sep 12, 2020
I want to use a Pico PSU to power a mini-ITX server board. However, the DIMM slots are very close to the ATX 24 connector. With the Pico PSU plugged in it is (almost?) touching the DIMM.

There are ATX 24 extension cables, but they are all much longer than needed. I can also find angled male-female adapters, but there is not enough space sideways. Ideal would be a straight adapter, that raises the Pico PSU 0.5inch/1cm. Any suggestions?

alaricljs

Jun 16, 2023

Reactions: noduck

noduck

Sep 12, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion.

It is longer than needed for this case. The cables don’t bend much, that puts the Pico PSU up against the top of the case at an awkward angle. Did not try to power it in that position.

986box

Oct 14, 2017
I’m in similar situation looking for right angle power connector to clear memory slots.

found this but needs the connector turn 180 the other direction. Which toward out the motherboard.

the mini extension looks promising.

noduck

Sep 12, 2020
I was all determined to make my own cable, ordered crimping tool...

When picking the PSU for this system, I thought I might need more power, and ordered a 120W Pico. This is thicker than lower wattage Picos. After building the system, I measured idle at 28W, and need to push everything to get near 60W. I still had a 90W Pico, and it just fits perfectly! Problem solved.

Now debating what I could do with the extra 20-30W... :-D

Reactions: nexox