Raid-1 with LiteOn 32gb m.2 sata ssd as a boot drive?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Centrix International(or say its another name, parallel miner) has an interesting small 32gb m2 sata ssd: LiteOn J8-L1032-11.

Google link
Ebay link

It seems it was designed for some special computing environment. Will it be capable to act as a boot drive of some OSes with high frequency writing like Proxmox?

Some ebay sellers mentioned this ssd has Power Loss Protection (PLP) and is built with Pseudo-SLC Technology (link)
But even in taobao.com, there is only 1 seller selling this.
My comment: A rare product.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I think PLP is available, not included, going by the photos. There are pads for capacitors on the end, however they aren't populated. I presume it might be the same story with the SLC feature. Regardless of that, I don't think you can beat the price, especially if you're buying multiple (shipping is only $0.50 extra per item past the first).

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
I think PLP is available, not included, going by the photos. There are pads for capacitors on the end, however they aren't populated. I presume it might be the same story with the SLC feature. Regardless of that, I don't think you can beat the price, especially if you're buying multiple (shipping is only $0.50 extra per item past the first).
You are right. If the UPS is reliable, I think it is worth a try with a raid1 box.