Rack rails advice

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

stuffed69

Oct 26, 2021
I purchased a startech 25U and for the most part it's working out fine. But I realized after purchasing it that my servers all have differing lengths for rails so I adjusted for the longest of the servers.

I have HP Proliant DL160 G8 1U, DL380 G6 2U, and DL360P G8. It's been very difficult to find information about the rails and HP servers. I don't know why. Even bare minimum instructions are not available.

So for the DL160 I am trying about this navepoint adjustable rails. So far it seems to working fine.

For the DL380 I am looking at this Startech adjustable because I haven't able to find anything else that will work.

But the biggest headache has been the DL360P. I can get HP rails like these but I'm not sure if it would correctly. Also, there seems to be friction based and sliding. Should I just go with a similar navepoint adjustable like above?

Normally there is a ton of information on most things but finding anything on the rails has been really difficult.

Suggestions..

Thanks