Potential Epyc Buy.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

deaerator

Oct 24, 2018
I have a small unraid server that is built on used server hardware and it served my purpose well. Family member offered to buy me a new server and I laughed and suggested a 2n Gen Epyc CPU and server. It looks like I might be getting a Epyc Server for the non denominational holiday that is approaching at the end of the year. Family member uses my server like it was his and gets pissed when its down.

All this server will be doing is hosting Plex and some usenet apps, and the occasional steam server.
Questions:
1. Where do I start
2. What hardware should I be looking to get included in this Server.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
@Patrick - nice write up on the E-2288G. I assume this is what you were referring to? Nice looking workstation chip if you can pay the price premium for 32GB ECC UDIMMs to max out the ram at 128gb. RDIMMs remain more cost effective.

https://www.servethehome.com/intel-xeon-e-2288g-review/

I have 4x 32gb sticks of DDR4 3200mhz ECC RDIMMs and a 7302P waiting for a new home. Any hits about upcoming Supermicro H12 ATX boards? November is upon us, there has to be a bone someone can throw our way! :rolleyes: