PC fail to start and can’t enter bios after CMOS reset

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

waterWithFire

Jan 14, 2024
CPU - Xeon 4214rMOBO - Asus Z11PA\_U12RAM: Kingston 16GB Resgistered ECC 2933mhz

This happen after switching to new casing and did a CMOS reset.

CPU support max up to 2400mhz and mobo manual stated up to 2666mhz [ Cant recall how the 2933mhz able to work before CMOS reset.

Tries:- Remove all RAM will show No RAM Q-Code- Remove and reinstall all the component- Boot with minimum component or external device

Question:

1. Since mobo manual it show only support max up to 2666mhz, should I get a non ECC (cheaper) 8GB RAM 2400mhz try enter bios and set the memory to 2400mhz and put back all the ECC RAM?
2. At first Q-Code showing **FF**, after I press any it will turn to **53** and bottom right of the screen showing Enter Setup Menu/Ez flash but it just stuck. [ 3. And what is the warning message on screen? Ti CR controller configuration has been failed. Vcore1, Vcore2

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Cant recall how the 2933mhz able to work before CMOS reset.
thank to jedec they work with what the CPU can.
1. Since mobo manual it show only support max up to 2666mhz, should I get a non ECC (cheaper) 8GB RAM 2400mhz try enter bios and set the memory to 2400mhz and put back all the ECC RAM?
is see total memory 8192mb (DDR4 2400)
its ok thought.
3. And what is the warning message on screen? Ti CR controller configuration has been failed. Vcore1, Vcore2
Asus Z11PA used Texas Instrument VRM controller.

This happen after switching to new casing and did a CMOS reset.
i think you have shorten something, forgot a mobo standoff ? remove mobo and check.

waterWithFire

Jan 14, 2024
thank to jedec they work with what the CPU can.

is see total memory 8192mb (DDR4 2400)
its ok thought.

Asus Z11PA used Texas Instrument VRM controller.

i think you have shorten something, forgot a mobo standoff ? remove mobo and check.
big thanks you literally save my life : ) big hint on the mobo remove and check

what I did was remove mobo and redo all mounting and cable, found out I plug the casing audio 10-1pin into the mobo aux panel which is for others standard

Reactions: RolloZ170 and nexox