newbie intro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

armandh

Nov 21, 2020
St louis county mo
my name is Armand and I have several small home built servers, preferring many baskets for the data eggs.
current hardware is desktop, used/salvaged/or refurb with new HDDs one i3, four are i5
I use XigmaNAS [FKA NAS4Free, FKA freenas-7 fork] and ZFS as it is way hard for me to loose the data.
one mirror VD per pool.
the most important data saved to most all of them, call it 4/6 pools. and off prem. as well.
my desktop backed up MWF to servers named mon wed fri. important stuff after each use.
started with NSLU2(s) and moved on to FreeNAS-6. about 25 years ago [oops more like 15]
still a noob as other hobbies got in the way and the stuff, kept very simple, just worked!
A

Last edited:

armandh

Nov 21, 2020
St louis county mo
you are right, 2005, 15 not 25
I thought it was around the time I retired but it was maybe 10 years later.
blame it on geriatric math

Last edited:

armandh

Nov 21, 2020
St louis county mo
Digital Video Broadcast - Terrestrial [also -Sat, -Cable] Euro standard stuff but can run in a narrower band width
in the 70 cm band. 4 MHz wide will allow a good 1080p-30, digital stereo sound and embedded call sign, etc.

of course the servers are a great place for all those home movies, stills, etc
the transmitter takes HDMI in and the driving computer's desk top is used as a "white board"
web cam and a better mic. with the MS-10 camera app and sound card's input software clicked to listen.

Last edited: