New C6100 motherboards for sale on Ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Seems stockists are getting rid of their inventory and new parts are appearing on Ebay.

It may be a good way to extend the life of your C6100 (I'm hoping anyway)?

Two sellers have listed new C6100 motherboards on Ebay:

Dell PowerEdge C6100 Server Motherboard 0YG5J5 | eBay

US$190
Dell Poweredge C6100 Motherboard 0YG5J5 YG5J5
(Is this suitable for Xeon 5500 & 5600 CPU?)
(Seller not negotiable on price, may have additional stock as stated they arrive in pellets of 10 boards.)

New Genuine Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23 TY3 Node Motherboard GXX41 | eBay

US $129
NEW Genuine Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23-TY3 NODE MOTHERBOARD GXX41

Different model numbers quoted. Can anyone clarify which CPUs go with each board?
Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: Chuckleb

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
**drool**.... many of the C6100s are starting to have failing memory sockets. If you check, you may notice it on yours. We've had 12 nodes with failed memory slots. There are some used MB vendors out there as well, but if these are new, they will more likely work better.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
**drool**.... many of the C6100s are starting to have failing memory sockets. If you check, you may notice it on yours. We've had 12 nodes with failed memory slots. There are some used MB vendors out there as well, but if these are new, they will more likely work better.
I thought you'd be interested, considering your original post about failed memory slots.

It may be unrelated, but my Dell OptiPlex 790 (desktop) motherboard has significant power restrictions on what wattages you can run on PCI-e slots (e.g. the blue PCIex16 slot is limited to 35 watts, which is about half of what you would expect from a similar (graphics) card slot from other vendors). From what I read online, it appears to be limitation in the wiring of the motherboard. I understand that these PCs are designed to be low energy units for a office type environment.

I wounder if C6100 motherboards have similar 'under engineered' wiring in their motherboards; or are built to a budget price, or for a limited lifespan? Knowing that when lease expired, businesses would likely upgrade to more energy efficient or faster/latest technology?

The first mentioned Ebay seller could not confirm whether their boards suited Xeon 5500 or 5600 CPUs.
There are C6100 XS24-SC servers advertised with E5430 CPUs on EBay at the moment.

I could not find part number for C6100 motherboard online or in other forum posts.
Could anyone confirm whether DELL-POWEREDGE-C6100-SERVER-MOTHERBOARD-0YG5J5 is suited Xeon 5500 or 5600 CPUs?