Need help with HP Z Turbo Drive G2 512GB.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SDHarrison

Nov 6, 2023
Hi @SirSlothington,

One of my staff is an EE who took the time to delve in and figure out what they were doing to disable it. He used a probe and found a continual reboot loop on the card that was only stopped via a command given by specific HP motherboards. We weren't impressed they spent Engineering time crippling their hardware.

Removing the resistor stops the reboot loop and doesn't appear to impact the card otherwise.

@edgerider - We haven't needed to mess with the jumpers. I'm pretty sure their use is to allow more than one in a system (it sets a device ID). On our units the only thing we had to do was remove that one resister. If you did damage the board you can always take out the M.2 and put it in another (non HP) PCIe adapter.
I've posted below on how I easily removed the Q1 transistor without needing to desolder it. Do you or your EE have any idea on where in the OS you look to see the Device ID change when one changes the jumpers?