napp-it update fail

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ajssbp

Mar 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been running napp-it on OI for the last 2.5 years and it has been working great. I have never upgraded napp-it since I installed it because it worked for what I was using it for and stable (why mess with what works, right?). I recently decided to upgrade from 0.500s (which is what I've been running since mid 2011) to 0.9 for some of the added functionality, prettier looks, and extensions. I tried doing the upgrade through napp-it, picked the use_wget_to_upgrade_to_0.9, package downloaded and unzipped. Then picked activate use_wget_to_upgrade_to_0.9, napp-it then refreshes to the main page you get at login. Reboot, and nothing has changed. What am I missing?

Edit: Update, I ran across a post earlier where Gea said when upgrading you have to do the wget from the console instead of through napp-it. Did that, still same thing - ie after reboot it is still running 0.500s.

Also, but unrelated, for some reason when I enter the DNS server through napp-it, OI doesn't remember after reboot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: