napp-it 0.9 developer preview

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
napp-it 0.9 developer preview1 that supports OI, OmniOS and Solaris 11.1

A first developer preview of napp-it 0.9 is available
There should not be serious problems in it but I hope for infos what's not working
(its a complete redo of a lot of programm parts so I expect some problems especially with disk-detection and smart on some configs)

Install:
wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit09 | perl
followed by a reboot and a resetting of root password

You can go back to 0.8 with system snaps (boot environments)

on problems, send a short buginfo to
community@napp-it.org

Code:
changelog:
0.9 pre1
improved disk detection (hot plug)
improved performance for disk details and smart infos
performance improved smartdetection
smart: start short/long checks
support for disk partitions

disk detection with disks like c3d1 fixed
UNAVAIL disk replace with GUID disk not working

jobmanagement: edit timetable and parameter, code and logs optimized, all actions in separate files

monitor extension:
	topmenu edit = display cli commands, return values and hashvalues without reload
	log actions, realtime mini log, realtime page update
        disable monitor: topmenu "Mon" for best performance

replication extension: code and logs optimized, speed improvements with buffered transfer
acl extension: new feature: reset ACL recursively to current folder settings, bugfix with resetting files
manual network settings: bugfix

Solaris 11.1: NFS sharing, and pam settings fixed
OmniOS: supported
NexentaCore: no longer supported

Last edited:

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Great to see you continuing to make progress on this Günther, a lot of people dont realize how good they have it with Napp-It especially factoring its free for non-commercial. Its become a defacto standard in my estimation.

In all likelihood some point will come where a company wants to send you a big check to buy it out and lock it down and commercialize, so you'll have to prepare how to deal with that eventuality. Schönes problem zu haben, aber trotzdem..

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Nobody knows the future but some sort of commercialization is needed for long term development and enterprise use.
Because the main part is the base OS and that is OpenSource there will be always free or lowcost options.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Nobody knows the future but some sort of commercialization is needed for long term development and enterprise use.
Because the main part is the base OS and that is OpenSource there will be always free or lowcost options.
Totally agree. If I can help let me know.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Gea,

I just upgraded to 0.9pre1 (Dec 27th). All I can say is thank you. I can't believe the quality of what you give away free!

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
thank you
napp-it 0.9 is better than ever and will be the default version prior 2013

thanks to all for bugreports