MPT BIOS Fault 01h encountered with M1015 in 3rd or 4th slot on X9SCM-IIF

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bbzidane

May 14, 2012
I was wondering if someone can educate me on how to get around the following error

MPT BIOS Fault 01h encountered at adapter PCI(03h,00h,00h)

From searching online, Fault 01h means "Fault 01: No I/O port assigned to the adapter.", and since my network card isn't picking up an IP address, I'm guessing the M1015 card is colliding with it.

This is with a Supermicro X9SCM-IIF motherboard.
I already have the first two pci-e slots populated with M1015. Trying to add the third M1015 is when the problems starts.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can change to get it not to collide with the I/O assignments?

thanks

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
Try changing the BIOS setting: Advanced...Chipset...Integrated IO Configuration settings: Detect Non-Compliant Device = Enabled (disabled by default).

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Looks like a BIOS setting issue to me too. Sometimes I have to set option rom settings too.

bbzidane

May 14, 2012
the bios doesnt seem to be listed on the supermicro site.
it was version 2.0a.
my guess is its the same as the x9scm-f board tweaked to have it work on the x9scm-iif, but i really dont know.

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
Supermicro has a history of stealth BIOS releases that can only be obtained by contacting technical support.

bbzidane

May 14, 2012
like john said, when i contacted tech support, i told them about hearing people having issues with the x9scm-f but a new bios fixed it for them and was wondering the same applied to the x9scm-iif, and after that they sent me a bios to test out.