Motherboard & CPU Question - Configurable TDP-down 95 W

• Thread starter Deleted member 28354
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
D

Deleted member 28354

So I plan to use this mini-itx mobo Supermicro X12STL-IF for my build with a max TDP of 95W and Max CPU cores of 8.
I am looking to use this i9-11900KF with a TDP of 125W but it mentions that it can work with Configurable TDP-down 95W

Will this CPU work in this mobo with the configurable TDP down to 95W?

Configurable TDP-down
is a processor operating mode where the processor behavior and performance is modified by lowering TDP and the processor frequency to fixed points. The use of Configurable TDP-down is typically executed by the system manufacturer to optimize power and performance. Configurable TDP-down is the average power, in watts, that the processor dissipates when operating at the Configurable TDP-down frequency under an Intel-defined, high-complexity workload.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Will this CPU work in this mobo with the configurable TDP down to 95W?
Configurable TDP-down is not made to get too high TDP work.
normaly the too high TDP CPU is blocked by BIOS or earlier by chipset.
X12STL-IF is for Intel® Xeon® E-2300 Processor, AND 10th Generation Intel® Pentium® Processor
i9-11900KF will not work with chipset C252

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
if you are running on linux; you can specify max turbo speed; or specific clock you want it to run at.
(as long as state allows for it - effectively you can run any cpu at any desirable wattage.)

(Most high-end cpu's are far more efficient when you underclock them.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28354

Thanks much RolloZ. So none of the 125W TDP CPU's that you can configure down to 95W will work with the C252? I will have to stick with a native 95W TDP Intel i9 CPU?