Mikrotik CRS310-1G-5S-4S+in interVLAN routing at line speed?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Pakna

May 7, 2019
I am looking at buying Mikrotik CRS310-1G-5S-4S+in mostly for its SFP+ ports and was curious if anyone had a definitive answer whether the switch is capable of doing inter-vlan routing at 10G line speed? Looking at here, it looks like the answer would be no (as HW offloading is only supported by CRS317-1G-16S+RM) but I am not sure if this is the case.

To explain the use case a bit further - this is a homelab setup and I've got a TrueNAS storage server with a pair of SFP+ links serving iSCSI MPIO traffic mostly thus each link is in a dedicated VLAN. Mikrotik's switch use case is going to be to connect to the storage server and then forward that traffic over another pair of SFP+ trunk links to a Dell 8024F. There will be one or two additional SFP ports occupied on the Mikrotik switch (with traffic separated on each VLAN), so the switch is going to have to do some VLAN routing - ranging from low traffic such as management and wifi to some moderate surveillance cams traffic traversing the same trunk to the Dell 8024F.

So the question is - should I expect slowdowns in throughput whenever this switch is asked to route traffic from multiple VLAN over a single SFP+ port? If yes, would someone be able to quantify what kind of slowdown should I expect? Much appreciated.

Pakna

May 7, 2019
Thank you @noduck - I've pulled the trigger on the CRS310, looks like I have some reading to do. Will report back with the results in a few weeks.