Mellanox SX6036 and Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD module

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mjgraham

Nov 18, 2020
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone might have some troubleshooting tips to see if I can get this working in this switch. The switch is in ethernet mode and I had the link and modules working with a connectx3 and my Mikrotik CRS326-24s+2Q switch, I thought just move the module to the new switch and go, well not so go. I did find it is a high power module so it only works in certain ports, fixed that issue, the switch shows the module info , does not give any warnings but says the operational state is down.

Thanks for any help/ideas anyone might have.

mjgraham

Nov 18, 2020
Have you tried the fae cable-stamping-unlock commands?
I did try them

enable
config t
fae
cable-stamping-unlock 40g_lr4
and
cable-stamping-unlock fdr10

I don't really know but I was wondering if there might be an FEC mismatch, I don't know where to change it really or if that could be it. I see that people can get a single mode version but I didn't run single mode in the house.

The Mikrotik doesn't have a lot of options to change things so I figured it would work but as per norm.

namsem

Mar 17, 2024
Hey, did you ever get those modules working on the SX6036? I am running into the same issue and would love to figure out a fix.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
If you're willing to experiment, I can check whether I still have the modified ASIC firmware floating around.