M386B8G70DE0-YH93 (64GB DDR3: $85.60

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Yeah its cheap, but it might just be crap with samsung stickers on it. Unfortunately - and depending on where you live you will get taxed when you receive the items, I know here in Denmark they would add 25% VAT on top of the price + possible import tax (toll)

Reactions: Samir

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
If there is one thing I will not buy from China it's computer parts. The odds of you getting the real thing are pretty slim.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Fakeness aside, what systems can actually handle 8rx4 like this? Does Dell/HP even support these modules?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Was about to say 8R you want to check carefully for support.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
It's an official supermicro part: Supermicro 64GB DDR3 MEM-DR364L-SL03-LR13 Server Memory

And the largest memory stick supported on the x9 platform.

I've considered the amount sold and eBay reviews in relation to this part. Obviously, while I can't vouch for the seller, there doesn't appear to be any negative reviews for this part. **No association with the seller**

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Just looked at it again:

Delivery:
Estimated between Wed. Jun. 10 and Mon. Aug. 3

That is quite some time to wait to get your ram if you want free shipping - or you could pay $25 and get it faster:
Estimated between Mon. Jun. 8 and Mon. Jul. 6

Almost as bad as ebay's "Global Shipping Programme" - that they call "International Priority Shipping" - I once waited 14 days to get something delivered from the UK to Denmark - getting stuff delivered in the middle age would be faster than ebay's GSP :)

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
If there is one thing I will not buy from China it's computer parts. The odds of you getting the real thing are pretty slim.
YMMV. I've bought some DDR3 12800E DIMMs from eBay sellers in China before and didn't have any issues. Recently I bought an E5-2630v2 from AliExpress for $25 and it works without any issues. Neither instance was a screaming deal, but better than I could get locally (or with shipping costs within the EU).

Reactions: zack$

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
YMMV. I've bought some DDR3 12800E DIMMs from eBay sellers in China before and didn't have any issues. Recently I bought an E5-2630v2 from AliExpress for $25 and it works without any issues. Neither instance was a screaming deal, but better than I could get locally (or with shipping costs within the EU).
I've been mulling this over. Can't beat the price. But I checked with SM and this ram is not certified for the X10SRH-CF so it's a no go anyway.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
I've been mulling this over. Can't beat the price. But I checked with SM and this ram is not certified for the X10SRH-CF so it's a no go anyway.
This is ddr3 ram, the x10srh-cf is a ddr4 part. Like I said before, this ram is compatible with SM X9 boards and is an official part. To be clear, that would be X9 boards that take E5 Xeons.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
This is ddr3 ram, the x10srh-cf is a ddr4 part. Like I said before, this ram is compatible with SM X9 boards and is an official part. To be clear, that would be X9 boards that take E5 Xeons.
You sir are correct. My bad. :oops:

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Be careful. They recycle the ram chips and fix ram sticks . ( like replacing bad one from. Recycle chips bin) . If you are using for 24/7 machine and rely on it. I would suggest to stay away buying ram stick from china.
For non critical . Should be ok for cheapness deal.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
becareful buying ram stick from china. easy to spot not recycle ram chips after you receive the package:. Verify all chips are identical number and production stamp. If some different . Yeah they sale fixed broken ram sticksfrom recycle ram chips.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
becareful buying ram stick from china. easy to spot not recycle ram chips after you receive the package:. Verify all chips are identical number and production stamp. If some different . Yeah they sale fixed broken ram sticksfrom recycle ram chips.

Good tip, I hadn't even noticed the sticks I bought have different lot numbers on the individual chips. Well, it's ECC RAM and it's passed many rounds of memtest without any errors, fingers crossed they remain error-free o_O

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Good tip, I hadn't even noticed the sticks I bought have different lot numbers on the individual chips. Well, it's ECC RAM and it's passed many rounds of memtest without any errors, fingers crossed they remain error-free o_O
Wish you luck. The chip has unique production stamp. It is very small fined embosse print. All chips must be has identical . Memtest is just synthetic ram testing .it is good.
But i had experience that ram passed memtest and spawning ecc warning after months. retested memtest And passed for running 3 days. Jusy my experience only