LSI 9260CV-8i cannot get rid of "native configuration" bug

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aturnbul

Jul 7, 2013
Friends:

I recently replaced a dead LSI 9260 with a LSI 9260CV-8i with no battery. The installed firmware was the original one from LSI: PKG_CFL_12.12.0-0006. On every boot, the controller gives me a "the native configuration is not supported by the current firmware" error and waits for a keystroke to try to import the "foreign" configuration. The import always seems to work (four RAID6 VDs) but the hang-on-boot is a killer.

As far as I can tell, this bug was supposed to be fixed in one of the subsequent LSI firmware releases (either 12.12.0-0111 or 12.12.0-0124) but I've tried every firmware released by LSI up to the most current 12.15.0-0205 (a total of 10 different versions) with no luck. The message persists as does the annoying hang.

Has anyone been able to get rid of this bug and, if so, could you please tell me how you did it? I understand the 9260 and its sibling SAS2108s had the same issue.

Is the CacheVault feature hardware only, or is there a firmware component as well? That is, will 2108 firmwares from other vendors work on the 9260CV?

Thank you so much, in advance, for any advice.

Darkytoo

Jan 2, 2014
Have you tried putting in the cachecade trial key in the BIOS? It's possible it thinks there is some option enabled that you're not currently licensed for.

bob sun

Mar 18, 2015
Do you have a solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem, with the super cap board attached as well. Thanks!