LSI 9211-8i only top port working

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Bought one NIB from ebay, and For some reason the bottom port is not detecting any drives.
I've tried connecting drives directly using fan out cables or to an expander but sas topology shows nothing is connected.
Switching to the top port detects all the drive and expander.

Am I safe to say that this thing is DOA ? or Half DOA ? or is there anything I should check ?? (I flashed the firmware to IT right out of the box).

Thanks

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
If it works on top but not bottom, I'd think the bottom is broken. Maybe triple try seating the cable. Sometimes they don't snap in place as well.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
:( I tried every possible combination with bunch of different cable, and yes the bottom ports still aren't detecting anything.
Well this sux, I wonder if this ebay controller i got from china actually comes with warranty straight from LSI.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
LSI is pretty good with warranties, they have honored a few cases where we couldn't find receipts since we didn't know what machine we pulled them from. On the other hand they may have a list of approved serial numbers. Doesn't hurt to call.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Call them and left a message, as well as opening request for RMA, let see what happened.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Gek, LSi said the card is out of Warranty :( RMA to china gonna sux