Lowest power SAS2 6G card ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Just a random though for the brains trust, does anybody know what the lowest power pcie SAS controller/hba is ? (And how many watts used)

Absolute minimal channels required eg 4, would not need to be LSI, could be Marvell etc.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I don't think a lot of investment will go into reducing the power on something like SAS2 when SAS3/12gig is here and NVME as well. 3.8 watts sounds pretty good although the 88SE9485 which is a bit higher at 5.5 made it into some ITX mainboards(some even with a pair of them for 16 drives)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Your probably right, I was just wondering as I was reading one of the LSI threads and thought that the HBA's were pretty power hungry for what they were.

NVME is for sure the future of high performance, I am sure we will see it take off this year also as a more standard option from the big vendors like HP, Dell.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Your probably right, I was just wondering as I was reading one of the LSI threads and thought that the HBA's were pretty power hungry for what they were.

NVME is for sure the future of high performance, I am sure we will see it take off this year also as a more standard option from the big vendors like HP, Dell.
keep in mind that the TDP of a raid controller will include other features such as BBU Memory and possibly a PCIx<>PCIe chip on older cards