Looking for help with socks (seriously)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hey STH'ers,

One area I was made keenly aware of last year is for donating warm socks to those in need.

Every year I do make a donation on behalf of STH to local charities. This year, it is going to be socks.

Since the primary purpose is keeping feet warm and not high-fashion, I think it would be wise to get socks that are not the $20/ pair Darn Tough Morino wool socks I used hiking in Peru this year.

I also have a decently healthy Amazon gift card balance so I do have a preference for something I can get with Prime shipping.

My ask of the STH community - if you have suggestions for good socks to donate, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Patrick

Reactions: William

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I like to pledge $50 in Amazon gift cards or Paypal for your charities.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
We usually stock up on Smart Wool socks from Sierra Trading Post when they have 40% coupons that also work on their 'discount' items, which are often Smart Wool socks. I know it doesn't help on amazon prime, but these are $5-10/pair for high quality wool that are usually 15-25$.

Sorry I don't have any prime tips for socks.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I was going to recommend Darn Tough socks actually when I fist read the subject - both because they hold up far better than your random socks and made in VT :)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I was going to recommend Darn Tough socks actually when I fist read the subject - both because they hold up far better than your random socks and made in VT :)
I used those on the Inca trail in Peru up to Macchu Picchu this summer. I am a firm believer!