Looking for Business computer replacement

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

louie1961

May 15, 2023
My only advice is to get the device set up and linked to your Microsoft account so you can harvest the license, THEN, do a fresh install, just to be sure you don't have any bloatware or other undesirable software left on the drive. It might be overkill but some of these boxes ship with bloatware or even what might be considered spyware. The easy fix is to just reinstall windows from ISO or a bootable USB

EL34

Jan 27, 2024
Thanks,
I have a bootable usb stick with windows 10.
I just did a fresh W10 pro install on one of my other desktops last week. :D

I have a gaming laptop with windows 11, but I am not too crazy about how they messed with all the simple things that worked just fine in W10.
Like the start menu and other crap.
You can't see all your apps, you have to hit the All Aps button. WTF?

EL34

Jan 27, 2024
This Beelink mini PC is really cool.
It came with Windows 11 pro.
I uninstalled some programs that I don't need and then I ran some de-bloat software

I have it all set up with all the software I use and was able to transfer settings and configs over from my desktop so I don't have to set up all the custom menus and such.

I am waiting on a couple cables for two of my monitors. They are older LED monitors that have DVI inputs.
I ordered a Display port to DVI cable and a USB C to DVI cable.
The main monitor has HDMI, so that one is good to go.

I got all 3 printers set up.
I got two NAS drives set up.

I had a look inside and the Beelink is built very well. It has Crucial NVME and SSd.
It also has an interior slot for a Regular SSD drive to plug in

I ordered a 16 slot USB 3.0 powered hub because I have 11 USB slots being used on the desktop and need a hub for the new Beelink.
I will be going live on the Beelink as soon as the monitor cables get here.

Beelink Mini PC •
AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Up to 4.3GHz 8C/16T •
SER5 •
16GB RAM •
1TB SSD •
Graphics • 8core 1900 MHz •
M.2 SSD •
NVME 2280 •
WiFi 6/BT5.2/
HDMI/DP/
USB3.2

Attachments

EL34

Jan 27, 2024
Just an update:
So far so good on the Beelink Mini at mu bisiness

Loving the 16 cores even though the clock speed is slower than my old desktop
Been monitoring it's daily performance for several days at my business and all it has been great so far.

I have the Beelink set up in Windows 11with 3 printers and 3 monitors
W11 has been de bloated

Being that I have many USB devices, I got a powered 16 port USB 3.0 hub and one cable goes to the Beelink

Here's a shot of the tint Beelink sitting under the two bottom monitors
i had to down size the image so it would upload

Attachments

Reactions: louie1961

louie1961

May 15, 2023
Nice!! I think some of these mini PCs are an incredible value if you don't need a 10gbe NIC or a high performance GPU

EL34

Jan 27, 2024
yeah, I agree.
I don't do any high demand video stuff on this PC, so the mini fits the bill.
Nice to get rid of the under the desk dust sucking PC also.
It was over 10 years old and had had a couple windows 10 re-installs over the years.

I have 3 other desktops and a nice gaming laptop, so I can do other things on those devices

Reactions: louie1961