Liquidating Coins - what's the current best method?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

garetjax

Nov 26, 2017
I know there have been older threads on this - but what is the latest best method for liquidating aeon/monero/sumo etc?

I finally have a bittrex account. Do I need a coinbase as well? Are there other accounts/exchanges that are better / lower fees?

Thanks

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Typically I convert to LTC, BTC or ETH then send to Coinbase. Check which ends up converting to the most at Coinbase as Coinbase pricing typically differs a bit from exchanges.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I've found that when dealing with exchange, converting your source coin to BTC then to LTC or ETH works best. BTC has ridiculously high transaction fees for transferring from exchange to Coinbase.

max88

Jun 10, 2016
What about paying for merchandise with crypto coins? There may be higher markup but saves on multiple bid-ask on conversions, and less headache. I think a few forums members mentioned and have done this.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
What about paying for merchandise with crypto coins? There may be higher markup but saves on multiple bid-ask on conversions, and less headache. I think a few forums members mentioned and have done this.
I haven't tried it, but www.purse.io can be an option. From what I've read, you can easily enough get a 10-20% discount on buying things with bitcoin.

The way it works, people who want bitcoin and can buy products, will buy them for you on Amazon, and have them shipped to you. Then you send them bitcoin (I assume the site serves a quasi-escrow function).

Presumably the discount comes from the fact that some people want bitcoin but can't get it, but can buy real products. Like craigslist, there are reports of both legitimate users and scammers, so you should read up on how to do it safely and use common sense.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
I've found that when dealing with exchange, converting your source coin to BTC then to LTC or ETH works best. BTC has ridiculously high transaction fees for transferring from exchange to Coinbase.
I've been using kraken for USD withdrawals. They work pretty well, especially since they upgraded their infrastructure about a month ago. The site used to run really slow (works well now), and other than that I haven't had any issues with them. Cheap wire transfer fees for withdrawals.

They support about a dozen major crypto currencies, and have decent volume.

If you're mining Aeon, ETN, SUMO, or other smaller coins, you'll need to convert them to one of the major ones before transferring here.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
I've been using kraken for USD withdrawals. They work pretty well, especially since they upgraded their infrastructure about a month ago. The site used to run really slow (works well now), and other than that I haven't had any issues with them. Cheap wire transfer fees for withdrawals.

They support about a dozen major crypto currencies, and have decent volume.

If you're mining Aeon, ETN, SUMO, or other smaller coins, you'll need to convert them to one of the major ones before transferring here.
What do you use to convert? bittrex? I'm looking to test out the process with a small amount of AEON to start.

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Convert to LTC—->send coinbase—->>coinbase to gdax ( same login since same company)—-> sell on gdax= no fees.

Coinbase fees are too high gdax nada.