EXPIRED Kioxia XG8 1TB M.2 PCIe4 $48 shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JHanko

Dec 4, 2023
Midwest, USA
Not Enterprise and not huge storage, but a good price on a Kioxia's best/newest M2 drive. I ordered one last week and seller was very quick to ship. Speed tested right on par with 990 Pro and WD black. I just ordered a couple more to have on hand. They are selling pretty fast.

JHanko

Dec 4, 2023
Midwest, USA
I forgot to mention that the drive I bought last week was $59. I thought it was a pretty good value at that price, but when the seller dropped them to $48, I figured I better pick up a couple more before they disappear. The first drive I received had 100% life remaining.

Reactions: Samir

UhClem

just another Bozo on the bus
Jun 26, 2012
NH, USA
Seller clearly states (3 times) that drive is a "Dell 0RTRG0", but used an image of the HP OEM version. If it is a Dell, note that there is a Firmware Update available.

Pretty decent price, in current market (rising NAND/NVMe $)
[but not compelling enough, to overcome my "I don't really need this now."]

Reactions: Samir and nexox

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
More than 10 available / 60 sold and still $48 as of this post. Let's see how long it takes to empty this one, lol.

JHanko

Dec 4, 2023
Midwest, USA
That seller is going to have a real headache tomorrow with all those orders to ship. Luckily, my 2 were shipped out this morning, before the storm hit...

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
That seller is going to have a real headache tomorrow with all those orders to ship. Luckily, my 2 were shipped out this morning, before the storm hit...
All gone! 78 total.

Actually shipping a lot of these will probably take less time than doing them piecemeal as you can just sort the qty and then box each qty assembly line style and save a lot of time. It's what I used to do when shipping auto parts back in the day. ;)

Reactions: vbcurtis and JHanko

slidermike

May 7, 2023
Not to thread dump but what is the use case since these are listed as used and no claim to remaining life?
These are consumer grade nvme drives meaning no especially high life cycle like a DC nvme.
The price is fair for used but Re you guys trusting these in your proxmox or other homelabs?

Reactions: noduck and Samir

JHanko

Dec 4, 2023
Midwest, USA
Not to thread dump but what is the use case since these are listed as used and no claim to remaining life?
These are consumer grade nvme drives meaning no especially high life cycle like a DC nvme.
The price is fair for used but Re you guys trusting these in your proxmox or other homelabs?
Well, you ARE thread dumping. My original post clearly stated that these are not Enterprise drives. My second post clearly stated that the drive I received had 100% life left. All 3 of the drives I received have less than 500 hours on them. If you feel that the price on these was only fair, please provide us all with a link with a good, great or excellent price for another 1TB PCIe 4 M.2, from a well respected manufacturer that easily surpasses 7000Mbps reads for less than $48 shipped. I will definitely buy a few...

I am using one of these in my new Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen11 and one in a Blue Iris server that I just put together. I trust them just as much as any other SSD.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
They srill have PLP, so... I'd just verify smart shows something more than 10% life left then run it, myself :shrug:

slidermike

May 7, 2023
Well, you ARE thread dumping. My original post clearly stated that these are not Enterprise drives. My second post clearly stated that the drive I received had 100% life left. All 3 of the drives I received have less than 500 hours on them. If you feel that the price on these was only fair, please provide us all with a link with a good, great or excellent price for another 1TB PCIe 4 M.2, from a well respected manufacturer that easily surpasses 7000Mbps reads for less than $48 shipped. I will definitely buy a few...

I am using one of these in my new Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen11 and one in a Blue Iris server that I just put together. I trust them just as much as any other SSD.

View attachment 35275
Whoa, don't get so defensive. I think you misunderstood my statement / question.
Was curious what folks intended use was for these used drives . The term "fair" is accurate but you seem to taken it as impuning the price/value. A fair price is not low or high, it's fair.

Nothing I posted was intended to say these drives are bad or overpriced.
Such a response does not promote beneficial online interaction.

Thanks for answering my question about the use cases you have.

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
The fact that people are trying to sell pm963's for this price today makes my soul hurt o_O