Is the NVidia RTX A2000 overkill for what I plan on using my M920x Tiny for??? Need your advice please!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

f13dfx

Jun 19, 2023
Hello again! I initially bought this unit to run my Blue Iris DIY surveillance system with 5 cameras. Processor occupancy right now is 18% with 8gb of RAM with a Core i5-8500. Have a chance to snag an A2000 6gb for $205. Now I've been told on the Lenovo support forum that I cannot pair a non-T cpu with a discrete gpu, as the BIOS disables the PCI-e slot. Aside from running Blue Iris 24/7 and just doing motion detection & not 24/7 recording, I only occasionally play the latest F1 & MotoGP pc games and watch the occasional movie via our PLEX home network.

Should I just buy a cheap Core i5-8500T and pair it with the RTX A2000 or get a Core i9-9900T and pair it with the RTX A2000 to max out my system? Planning on doing the single-slot heatsink mod shown @ SFFnet forums to fit this all in nicely with ample cooling in the M920x.

Thanks in advance for all your advice!!!