IPMI Update - No more preview/missing lots of info

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

LIGISTX

Jan 20, 2022
I am certainly a noob to all things IPMI as I only just got my "new" X10SRi-f, but I went through and updated everything that was out of date as I will need newer BIOS then it had to boot from NVMe, and my IPMI webUI is now missing a lot of info, its not even reporting what user is logged in or its IP...

I assume I borked something up. I updated via IPMI itself, everything seemed to work... I set up users via DOS prompt as I needed to reset the ADMIN password and remove the old IPMI accounts, so I did a ipmicfg -fd 2 and that seemed to work, but once I upgrade to the newest IPMI itself here this is what I am now seeing. I can't even see users either (along with likely lots of other things I just don't know that should be here).

1643419683116.png
1643419807890.png

LIGISTX

Jan 20, 2022
Oh.... hmm. It is a browser issue. I tried Chrome and Firefox to no avail, but figured I would try good ol IE just to see and it works fine... Um, hmm. I guess I will pivot my question to any idea why that would be? Chrome and Firefox not wanting to load whatever java stuff is needed?

LIGISTX

Jan 20, 2022
Did you try to reset the ipmi/bcm unit?
I did try this, yes. Didn’t make any difference.

IPMI UI is usualy unsafe connection, it depends on your settings, javascript and some more is disabled.
It did initially give me warning, but maybe I’ll try and go into setting to allow it explicitly?

I've run to similar problems after BMC firmware update. Needed to clear browser cache.
Hmm, didn’t think of that, maybe I’ll give this a shot first.