Intel Xeon E5-2697 V2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
A pair of these could just be my next database server - 24 cores, 48 threads, 60GB/s PCIe, 260 watts.
260w running balls-out...but don't forget about 17w idle (a guess based on other IB parts...). Even your DB servers spend more time at idle than they do processing. That is the real improvement with IB-E.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
How did you get this pic?

I haven't seen the Pentium bunnie (bunny? sp?) suit guys since they changed color in the MMX day

Great work getting early access to these. Better work giving the team here a smile reminiscing about marketing campaigns past

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Actually, I received two from the office. Someone was cleaning out old boxes and thought of me when they saw the Intel Bunny Suit dolls. I think this is a post-Pentium II campaign doll.

brutalizer

Jun 16, 2013
260w running balls-out...but don't forget about 17w idle (a guess based on other IB parts...). Even your DB servers spend more time at idle than they do processing. That is the real improvement with IB-E.
You guess it idles at 17Watt?? That would be great, if it was the case. Does anyone know about the idle wattage?

PS. Patrick, when you do your reviews of cpus, it is unclear if idle wattage is the whole system or only the cpu. Could you please write it out explicitly in every review?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
You guess it idles at 17Watt?? That would be great, if it was the case. Does anyone know about the idle wattage?

PS. Patrick, when you do your reviews of cpus, it is unclear if idle wattage is the whole system or only the cpu. Could you please write it out explicitly in every review?
CPU alone quite probably yes, that low. The IO controller is a bit hot. Add in big memory configs and other MB options and total system idle with 2x CPUs is still probably in excess of 60w..but a lot lower than you will get with current gen 8 cores like the E5-2665.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010

He does after-power supply at the wall. I think it'd be higher than IB desktop. You have more PCIe and memory but you don't have the GPU.