Intel Xeon E5-2600 V4 “Broadwell-EP” Launched – First Benchmarks

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

joek

Mar 20, 2016
Thanks for the updates Patrick. From your table in the article, it appears you are taking the base frequency * cores in the comparison table?

The attached shows some additional numbers and ranking: total clocks, total clocks/watt and total clocks/$ based on turbo-bin speed at max TDP. Assumption being that if you are operating at max TDP, all cores are running at their max allowed turbo-bin speed. (HT to hexus.net for posting the slide with the turbo-bin numbers.)

Not all info appears to be available as Intel hasn't posted docs with turbo-bin numbers for all processors (at least that I can find), indicated by "NA" in the table. The rest of the info including pricing comes from Intel press site.

p.s. Order is not quite the same as your table.

p.p.s updated, also with all the turbo-bin info I collected.e5-2600-v4-turbo2.JPG e5-2600-v4-turbo3.JPG

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@joek Luckily you know people. Here is the information you are missing, in a more complete format than just the turbo speeds from ARK.

upload_2016-3-31_21-53-32.png

I was actually going to just do a little piece with the Turbo speeds by number of active cores.

Reactions: joek

Casper042

Aug 29, 2016
p.p.s updated, also with all the turbo-bin info I collected.View attachment 2017 View attachment 2018
JoeK, Wondering if this data, mainly the 2697A is accurate?
The Intel ARK site says 2.6 to 3.6 but your chart says +9 is the max.
Where is the other 100 Mhz coming from?

PS: Why is this information so dang hard to find online? I see early versions all over but they show the 2697A @ 2.2 Ghz base which is obviously wrong.

Reactions: JorgeAtSalk