Intel Q57 and Q67 Platforms, Experiences with vPro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hi all,

I am about to do a piece on the Q67 chip set with Intel vPro over the next few weeks. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the management features of the platform. Specifically, any insights on the best VNC viewer for the KVM-over-IP functions would be awesome. To those that do not know, the Q67 platform requires that one use the non-free VNC versions that can use the additional management features.

Regards,
Patrick

StartledPancake

Jan 3, 2011
Hi Patrick,

I use it on the Q57 chipset and its very effective. Not sure how much interaction you really need console but the Intel management commander toolkit provides access to a free version of the VNC viewer (with a banner over a part of the console screen) and has a host of other features of course. I tried the full version of the client from VNC until the trial ran out, but honestly for 100 euros I can live with the banner for the few times I need to access the console over KVM.

Not tried it with the Q67, would be interested also to find out about peoples experiences.