IBM x3650 M2 with SmartOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

labatt50

Aug 11, 2015
Hi,

It's doing a couple of night that i worked on a IBM x3650 M2 server trying to install SmartOS to use it as my home lab server. It's still non working.

I'm unable to install the zpool successfully, so the SmartOS isn't working.

I'm looking for someone who had successfully install it on this particular server. Im sure that's somewhere in the hardware configuration that's the fault but cannot find where.

I'd tried also to install FreeBSD, FreeNAS, Openindiana and OmniOS and I didn't succeed for all.

There is my setup

IBM x3650 M2
36gig of ram
6x 146gig SAS drive
An IBM m1015 raid flashed to IT mode version 20 (I used the LSI SAS 9211-8i firmware)

The Server was updated to the latest firmware
-UEFI 1.19
-IMM 1.42
-Diagnostic 9.42
- CRTM 1.19

In the section Legacy support, of the BIOS, I tried all the setting(enable or disable) on those 3 possibility
-Force Legacy video on boot
-Rehook INT 19h
-Legacy Thunk Support

I'm clueless presently and if I cannot find the way to have SmartOS working, I'll need to go on the ESXI road and lost all the benefits SmartOS have.

When loading from the USB, I'v got those message

"Warning : Couldn't read ACPI SRAT table from BIOS. Lgrp support will be limited to one group."
SunOS Release 5.11 Version joyent_20150723T072528Z 6 bit
Copyright ……
Aug 11 22:45:40 svc.startd(8): system/filesystem/smartdc:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fs-joyent" failed with exit status 95.
Aug 11 22:45:40 svc.startd(8): system/filesystem/smartdc:default failed fatally:transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs –xv' fo details)
Requesting System Maintenance Mode
(See /lib svc/share/README for more information.)
Console login services(s) cannot run

I need to had that it have still a non working FreeBSD installation on the hard drive.

Someone have a clue for me?

Best regards.

Ps. I'm a newby in the Illumos world and english isn't my first language. Plz be clear with your advice/question