IBM ITDT Tape Drive Health

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
Hi guys,
have been using lots of MSL2024s and their larger brothers over the past couple of years, now a TS3100 ended up on my desk.
While L&TT is pretty straightforward, I can't really befriend myself with ITDT (both SE and GE).

Anyone here, that has / had one IBM Tape Library and managed to get the drive's health readings?
(I'm not looking for binary OK/fauly flags, rather health attributes similar to the HP ones, i.e. head life, reposition life and load life)

Thanks a million!

ZFSZealot

Aug 16, 2021
I know this is old but I was looking for the answer to the same questions and found them - power on hours, media motion hours, load/unload cycles, number of cleaning cycles, etc is all in the report that's generated if you run a test on the drive, it will generate a .blz and a json file and if you dig through that it's all in there. Not as easy and straightforward as L&TT but you gotta love the fact that you can actually get firmware for these drives unlike HP.