Hyve HS9215 motherboard help

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

piranha32

Mar 4, 2023
Hi!

I've got a motherboard from Hyve HS9215 server to play with, but I can't make it boot.
The board has one E5-2860v4 processor installed, and 32GB 2Rx4 RDIMM (1 or 2) memory sticks installed. BMC boots, and I can reach the login screen, but none of the username/password combinations I found work.
During boot the board gets to 9A POST code, then very briefly flashes FF, and shuts down, although I'm not sure if it is a real error code, or just decoding signal lines which went high during shutdown. I tried moving the memory stick(s), and in case of memory problems the error code is different. According to Supermicro BIOS error codes list 9A is USB initialization, and FF is "Recovery errors (PEI)". All peripherals (including TMP module) re removed from the board.

I tried moving jumpers described "BIOS_CLR", and during next boot the board behaved like it was initializing empty BIOS settings. Unfortunately this did not help.

Does anybody know what may cause the shutdowns?