HPE ML110 Gen10 - Let's discuss...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TonyP

Jun 14, 2017
Old thread, I know....

But just got my hand on one of these.... and need to figure out what CPU it can take... Has anybody had any luck with any CPUs above 110W
(would love a 6138 - since I actually can turbo single cores to 3.7 Ghz... And I need "more than 8" cores, but at the same time also more than 3 Ghz for some workloads that are single threaded)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I don’t try a higher TDP CPU but I did try 64GB rdimms and it was a no go, and of course it also doesn’t support LRDIMM so 192gb is the limit
For me the limit the issue has is really memory as there is enough cores but never enough ram got a home system.

TonyP

Jun 14, 2017
I don’t try a higher TDP CPU but I did try 64GB rdimms and it was a no go, and of course it also doesn’t support LRDIMM so 192gb is the limit
For me the limit the issue has is really memory as there is enough cores but never enough ram got a home system.
True - that is a bummer.... But I do have other serveres with ram - so on this I think I could make do with 192.....