EU HP P4800x 375G $190, €173

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014

FW HPK2

I'd have gotten some if they had been original Intels (firmware), but so ... up for grabs ;)
7 left

Note seller says new but describes low usage hours in description. Also illustrations only no actual pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and mrpasc

Nixoid

Nov 4, 2023

FW HPK2

I'd have gotten some if they had been original Intels (firmware), but so ... up for grabs ;)
7 left

Note seller says new but describes low usage hours in description. Also illustrations only no actual pics.
This one, new and cheap not good?

Reactions: Samir

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
China vs EU.
Still more careful with too cheap to be true Chinese offers than too cheap to be true European offers ;)

• Love

heromode

May 25, 2020
What is your point? That they are HP? What difference would that make?
Does it make them worthless trash?
It says clearly the picture is illustration?
What is wrong with 'HPK2' firmware (which seller clearly does NOT say they have, since photo is illustration)

Please elaborate, what is the point of this kind of vague crap post?

• Wow

Nixoid

Nov 4, 2023
China vs EU.
Still more careful with too cheap to be true Chinese offers than too cheap to be true European offers ;)
I just received second one I ordered, and I test first one with original Intell app, not sure if someone can wipe Optane smart data.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Please elaborate, what is the point of this kind of vague crap post?
Why so aggressive?
They have HPK2 because seller said they have that when I asked him.
And I cant use HPE in my VSAN outside a HPE box since Vsan is picky, so thats a problem for me.

If its none for you, then good for you.
I just present facts, you add the interpretation

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I just received second one I ordered, and I test first one with original Intell app, not sure if someone can wipe Optane smart data.
Very good, glad to hear that:) There's hope for me still :)

heromode

May 25, 2020
Intel only..
it's Optane, not sure if Intell sell 3D-Xpoint technology to Solidigm.
But I can test if you want it.
Don't mind me, i just remember messing with intel MAS and then Solidigm with my old DC P3700's
But @Rand__ seems to suggest the firmware 'HPK2' makes them somehow not worth it, i'd like to know why, that's all
And seller never says they are Hewlett Packard, in fact he states the pics are for illustrative purpose only, so what's the deal?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Don't mind me, i just remember messing with intel MAS and then Solidigm with my old DC P3700's
But @Rand__ seems to suggest the firmware 'HPK2' makes them somehow not worth it, i'd like to know why, that's all
And seller never says they are Hewlett Packard, in fact he states the pics are for illustrative purpose only, so what's the deal?
HP are worse *for me* since I am not sure how they would work in my VSAN without an HPE Box, because I think HPE FW is behind a paywall nowadays and I am not sure if you can simply flash them when you get a hold of the FW.

If those are no issues for you since you know better than I, then just ignore the HPE part.
Intel drives had the advantage of free FW updates and usually a generous warranty which gave them an advantage (in my eyes) at the same price point