Hp Integrity BL860c i2 firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gdwnldsKSC

Nov 15, 2023
@cy384 here ya go - GitHub - lenticularis39/linux-ia64: Linux fork with IA-64 support re-added. See http://t2sde.org/ for an Itanium-enabled Linux distribution (6.7-rc working)

Look forward to great things there.

My usage of VMS Itanium involves a currently super dead rx2600 series, work that's slowly being transferred off of it (external drive mounts, etc - repairing it would cost more than one of these far more modern and beefier blade based setups), bare metal (on x86!) and virtual development, etc. I had a ton of stuff going on when HP EOL timelined it with going forward stuff I can't yet remotely port over to x86 (kernel mode/driver stuff, etc) i'd love to resume work on. Got back into it for a while with the announcement of the x86 port, then as the timelines for that dragged on slowly drifted off again.... and right back to it now.

I wouldn't be regularly using that vax either!.... stuck in 7.3 land and.... i had to bring my own snprintf implementation on the IRC client i started building a while back when my first external test user was trying it on VAX ;)

An IA64 system of "recent" (it has PCIe, that's recent!) vintage would actually be always-on on one of my monitors, instead of being a 3rd monitor for my desktop (to be fair, the 3rd monitor is just 24/7 IRC and a web browser next to the IRC client....) to do on-OS/machine work directly instead of over SSH/serial with some graphical tooling I got rather used to. x86 "currently" has no graphics capability at all except remote X11, and it's.... rather broken in many aspects. And as of yet has no graphical console drivers/X11 driver support to use a graphical controller, nor kernel driver for such. Yet.

@ar_a - Cheapest sold one on ebay recently was ~$2k for an RX2800 i4. Cheapest i2 listed is.... $2800 right now. the rackmount standalones go for $$$$ these days. Companies buying up hardware. But for some reason, probably the C7000 and C3000 chassis retirements, the blades are dirt cheap. RX2600 bottom of the barrel is about $750 cheapest. I quite frankly have much better uses for my SCA scsi drives. :p So shaving off $250 and gaining several generational leaps in technology is very much worth it.

Last edited:

ar_a

Nov 12, 2018
Fair enough! While there's a bit of attention on the subject I'm still looking for more recent firmware. I'm stuck on firmware 1.95 and am looking for any recent bundle containing SFW 1.97 or SFW 1.98. Basically anything from 26.41 onwards. Likely also present in CSM bundle.

I've compiled an NVMe module for Itanium, which loads but seems to lock on connecting to devices with no error in the FPL and I'm curious whether one of the fixes in the release notes from SFW 1.97 will solve the issue:

A server containing a PCI card which does not support PCI extended capability would sometimes hang without any error message while handling an MCA. This issue is now fixed.
I've attached those modules and would love for anyone with an RX2800 series server to also test.

Attachments

Last edited: