HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini Installing WIFI (noob)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mgfe

May 31, 2021
hi there

My first post go easy...

I have a Hp EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini running as my main computer. It doesn't miss a beat and Im happy with the rig. The only thing thats bugging me is that it doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth inbuilt. I was thinking to add it wouldn't be an issue but I seem to be wrong. HP couldn't tell what the part number is for the antenna and basically said it couldn't be done.

Im not sure if I concur. Has anyone done this mod or can help ? I would appreciate any help...thx

ps Here is my rig details would be interested in knowing any upgrades I could do.

HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Desktop Mini Business PC

Motherboard is HP 83E2

Expansion slots

(1) M.2 PCIe x1 2230 (for WLAN)
(2) M.2 PCIe x4 2280/2230 combo (for storage)

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 2.10GHz 29 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (19-19-19-43)
Motherboard
HP 83E2 (U3E1)
Graphics
LT2252p Wide (1680x1050@59Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (HP)
Storage
238GB KBG30ZMV256G TOSHIBA (Unknown (SSD))

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011

mgfe

May 31, 2021
If that system unit is the same as his here is a link to the module in question

My first thought though is does the case include the wireless antenna, I'd check that before doing anything.
I wouldn’t think they would add the hardware in the units if not sold in that configuration.

these companies usually try to save money buy reducing product. I could be wrong of course bu no easy way of finding out I think.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I wouldn’t think they would add the hardware in the units if not sold in that configuration.

these companies usually try to save money buy reducing product. I could be wrong of course bu no easy way of finding out I think.
My Thought would be open the unit before buying the WiFi card to make sure the antenna connections are there, if they are sweet, if not "YATTN" "Yet Another Thing That's Needed" - I've been bitten by that phenomena twice by making assumptions, and the solution is literally two mins of work to check..