Horaco (ZX-SWTGW2C8F) 8x10G SFP+ Web Managed ~ $100-110

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

quickrecord

Mar 31, 2024
I’ve recently come across a managed 10G SFP+ switch that seems quite reasonably priced. Before I proceed with the purchase, I was hoping to gather some feedback from those who have used this particular model. It’s a Horaco 10G SFP+.

Model:
ZX-SWTGW2C8F

The price seems to be very hot.

Last edited:

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
I just got one a few days ago. I'm planning on writing up a good review soon, but here's my quick thoughts.

Switching speed is excellent, you'll get 10gb no problem. Transceiver compatibility is also excellent, I've tried 3 different modules and all worked. Once I had my switch up and running, I had my linux server ping the switch all night. Couple thousand pings later, no dropped pings.

Heating is fine. When I had 5 ports lit and active, the top of the case gets barely warm.

The interface is similar (or the same) to the other generic realtek switches. Its functional, but can be a tad buggy.

They default to IP 192.168.0.1 out of the box, which is really annoying when that's your router's IP :rolleyes: Easily fixed, but annoying none the less.

The LED arrangement is kinda blah. Instead of having a LED over the port, its all bunched together and kinda washes out.

Side note, default login and password is "admin". When I got my switch, there wasn't any documentation on that. Fortunately I'd seen that information posted here on STH so ended up not being a big deal.

Side note #2, I found a better price for you, $98. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806579063341.html

Reactions: blunden

tamuin

Oct 22, 2023
No, that's the 2.5G... $160 for the 8x SFP+ version
sorry, my bad (I am seeing $150 for the Xike 8 port SFP+ at Amazon, but your point is still correct, I originally gave the price for the 2.5G one)

Last edited:

m1lvus

Jul 20, 2020
That's 1Gb so not what you're looking for in the first place... no idea on the rest of your Q tho.
It's actually a 10/100/1000Mbit SFP. Just asking myself if I need to purchase the managed version of the switch to have an option to manually set the link speed

alaricljs

Jun 16, 2023
Unmanaged will not let you set anything... Whether the management will let you set link speed would even be a question since this isn't a common need outside enterprise.

LL0rd

Feb 25, 2020
Hey Guys, what kind of SFP+ Modules are you using? I tried yesterday with a 10G Copper Module from Flexoptics and a Module from FiberStore. Both modules were used in a Ubiquiti and a Lancom Switch and are working. I connected my Notebook to the Switch with the SFP+ Module. On the Network Card of my Notebook I saw a 1 GBit Link established, but the switch didn't show anything. And was also not Pingable.

Currently I have no fiber modules here. But I attached a SFP+ DAC between my Lancom Switch and the ZX-SWTGW2C8F and got the blue light for the 10G link.

Currently I need at 3 SFP+ 10G Modules with Copper. Do you know, what modules are working?

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
From my experience, the switch will take any transceiver. I've got generic ones, cisco coded ones, aruba coded ones, intel coded ones, all work fine.