Hoping to find a disk image of a WD DS6100/DS5100 Sentinel for the recovery partition

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
With many thanks to @Mighty Man for supplying me 3 of these units in hope of a a capture of an original drive I am sadly still looking. I am hoping to find a copy of one of the 2.5" boot drive images or the PANAM.ISO recovery file for this server system. It is a Windows Server 2012 Essential system but can by upgraded in place to a modern supported windows server version. If you happen to have one of these wee beasties please do let me know and hopefully we can work something out. Ideally it would be a copy of the PANAM.iso recovery file for this model.

DavidWJohnston

Sep 30, 2020
I don't have the image, but I installed one of these fresh with Win2016 years ago including the WD software. IIRC you can boot to an external DVD drive (maybe a thumb drive too), install Windows normally and F6 the RAID drivers in, then run the WD installers to get all the customization. I think I did it from clean bare metal (empty OS disk, not upgrade) but I could be remembering wrong.

Post # 39 on this forum post appears to be the steps required, and Post #3 has Dropbox links to the RAID driver and WD software:

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, perhaps someone else has the image. There were (are) tons of them in use so a post to the WD forum or Reddit might be fruitful.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Helzy

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
Thanks I'll check it out. Might be what I'm looking for, I've done the bare metal installs with 16, 19 and 22 but the outstanding issue has been recreating that pesky RAID1. I've done it the M$ way but it's messy.

Again thanks for the link

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
Hmm that link I've read before, I think I may have figured out a way to re-establish the 2 boot drive mirror which I will try. Many thanks!