Help Requested! Avoton and Rangeley benchmarking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hi Everyone,

More to come but I just picked up one of these: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Atom Boards | A1SAi-2750F and should be getting a Rangeley variant in the next 3 days.

I have been scouring the net for 1600MHz ECC SODIMMs, preferably the lower voltage 4x 8GB modules, and want to get them here before the weekend.

Was hoping that someone here may be able to find what I could not on Amazon and NewEgg. I know we have a lot of skill in finding parts here.

Thanks!
Patrick

P.S. If there is a benchmark (web) you want run, please let me know also and I can queue that.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Update: may not need this. May be getting some help in this area.

vegaman

Sep 12, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Awesome, been wanting to see some benchmarks and power consumption figures.
Plus pricing, I should have another look to see if anywhere is stocking them. Or did you get them early for this?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Awesome, been wanting to see some benchmarks and power consumption figures.
Plus pricing, I should have another look to see if anywhere is stocking them. Or did you get them early for this?
Will start a thread soon. 6.7w BMC plus all 5 LAN ports active (4x Marvell + IPMI). IPMI does work on these boards. At post with 2x 1.5v SODIMMs and an OCZ Vertex 4 I have seen 16.5-17w.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
The listing says registered, but kingston's site says KVR16LSE11/# is unbuffered. A 3rd party seller posting incorrect specs on amazon is a red flag warning for me, I'd be worried about getting the wrong part.
You can buy them direct from kingston and they are in stock, but $96 each for 8GB...
Amazon has only two 8GB left for $86, otherwise I'd say prime the whole lot and you'd have them this weekend for sure.

I found these two in stock, 1600, 1.35V and sold by a vendor that stocks lots of server parts so I trust their listings:
https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=W16ESB4GLM
https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=W16ESB8GLM

They also have some 1333 and/or 1.5V modules, but actually cost more :)

Last edited: