Help needed Supermicro X10DAi - SP first switch on

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Pol

Feb 25, 2016
Hello Forum-Members,

have trouble and need advice how to unleash the beast:

MB: Supermicro X10DAi
CPU: 1 installed (2 max. capable) Intel Xeon E5-2620v3
RAM: 2 x 16GB DDR4-2133 2Rx4 ECC
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 520 Fanless
Enclosure: Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Currently no SSD & VGA installed.

As far as I have read this kind of MB accepts every kind of commercial-grade ATX PSU (no re-pinning needed).
Installed & wired everything, but nothing happens.

Any hints folks?

Pol

Feb 25, 2016
First Attempt: Touching the enclosure power switch.
Second: Short-circuit the pins on the MB.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Hmmm, I short the pins on all my SM boards when testing on the bench never had a board 'not' boot up, and I use a SeaSonic ATX Desktop PSU for my test station.

Do you have all power connectors plugged into the motherboard? 2x 8 Pin?

Pol

Feb 25, 2016
Nope: Just feeding power thru 1x24 pin and 1x8 Pin as I have installed only one CPU.

herz

Jan 16, 2017
I have the same problem, and I have the same exact case. How did you solve the issue?

Pol

Feb 25, 2016
I have the same problem, and I have the same exact case. How did you solve the issue?
Have replaced the board with an ASUS.
Choosing Supermicro was a bad selection: Board was dirty on the back side (flux residues-possible reworked) and sold as new (not refurbished).

im2geek4you

Feb 27, 2017
I also have one of these X10DAI motherboards with just one E5-2620V3 and it works without issues for me. But you need to connect both 12V EPS 8Pin connectors even if you don't have 2 CPUs. I double checked the board manual and there is no place in there where it states you only need one if just one cpu is installed, in fact it states the following:
"Warning: To provide adequate power supply to the motherboard, be sure to connect the 24-pin ATX PWR (J24) and two 8-pin PWR connectors (JPWR1, JPWR2) to the power supply. Failure to do so will void the manufacturer warranty on your power supply and motherboard. "
Most power supplies don't come with two 8 pin connectors though (I use a Corsair RM1000), which is unfortunate, so you may get away with it using a Y split cable for the 8 pin connector (although I recommend using a proper power supply).