Help me I am an idiot for the 47239562th time

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
I have a small virtualized server at home plus a smart managed switch. With much trial and error and "WTF am I doing with my life" I managed to set it up about 3 years ago and succesfully forgot what I learned in the process.
Today I started plugging everything back after having our flat finally reconstructed, and noticed the cables in the switch made very little logical/visual sense. Everything worked/works, but I wanted to flip something around, and all hell broke loose.

1687554760532.png
This is the switch config (TP-Link T1700G-28TQ).
Port 1 is IPMI.
Port 2 is UPS management card.
Port 3 is wan connection from the AP on the roof.
Port 4 is wan connection to the server.

On the server side there is pfSense.

I wanted to switch VLANs of 1+2 and 3+4, because it annoys me (very legit reason) the way it's set and I cannot unsee it.
I thought it would just work, because the VLANs are the same and I'd only be switching ports around.
How naive.
When I switch the cables and port config, internet stops working and so does the IPMI connection (that has static IP).
I don't understand anything anymore.

I believe all the changes I need to make are within the switch and not on the pfSense/ESXi side.
Any ideas what am I doing wrong? It must be something ridiculously basic, but knowing **** all about networking, I am in uncharted waters here (again, meh).

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
...and just like always, I figure out a solution a minute after I finally give up and post a dumb question on the internet. #FML
I changed members of the VLANs but not the ids on the indivudual ports.

Reactions: MiniKnight