HD's dont show up with Flashed Dell PERC H200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dar124

Mar 31, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Whatever else you do, don't mix and match firmware and flash tools. Obtain the whole package and use the flash tools in that package to flash the card with the firmware in that package. If you try another package, use that flash tool etc :)

That makes sense. I'll do some searching again to see if I can locate a place to download the flash tools and the current firmware together. The initial problem that I had was what I downloaded had the P7 and P16 firmware, so I had to search for the P20 to get the current version.

dar124

Mar 31, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Ok, so I've re-read a bunch of the guides and links posted here and downloaded a different LSI-9211-8i package. I'm going to give flashing this card another try in the next day or so.

Another question that I came across as I read a bit more. The test PC that I'm using to flash the card is using W7 32 bit, but my WHS 2011 server OS is 64 bit. Should I use the 64 bit "sas2flash-x64-p7" and "sas2flash-x64-p20" because the card will eventually be in a 64 bit system?? Wasn't sure if it would effect anything flashing it in a 32 bit system and then moving it to a 64 bit system??

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
No, if you are flashing the card on a 32bit system, you need to use the 32bit tools, it's the same firmware that is being placed into the card's flash rom, just uses a different way to get it there :)

zeyoner

Mar 17, 2018
What was the verdict? I am having the same exact issue. I'm only able to access six out of the eight. It's not the cable nor the hard drives. I've swapped everything. I even reflashed the card.