Hasivo S600W-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE Switch Review A Unique Use Case

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TwistedNetworking

Mar 22, 2024
Hi, I have a similiar but different POEPLUS 8x2.5gbE + 1xSFP+ 10gb managed POE switch with the management interface default adress as 192.168.0.1 as well. However, I cna't reach this adress on my network. I have a pfsense router, connnected to the network switch, wired to a linux PC, or connected to a windows laptop by a WAP.
I've tried the steps shown on page 2 of this Hasivo review to reach 192.168.0.1, but it times out as not a valid adress. All the devices on my network are in the 192.168.1.x range if that matters?
I understand this isnt the exact same device, but this is the only place I've seen a method to reach 192.168.0.1 on these chinese imports.

Koop

Jan 24, 2024
Hi, I have a similiar but different POEPLUS 8x2.5gbE + 1xSFP+ 10gb managed POE switch with the management interface default adress as 192.168.0.1 as well. However, I cna't reach this adress on my network. I have a pfsense router, connnected to the network switch, wired to a linux PC, or connected to a windows laptop by a WAP.
I've tried the steps shown on page 2 of this Hasivo review to reach 192.168.0.1, but it times out as not a valid adress. All the devices on my network are in the 192.168.1.x range if that matters?
I understand this isnt the exact same device, but this is the only place I've seen a method to reach 192.168.0.1 on these chinese imports.
Physically connect directly to it without any other network equipment and put your PC on the same network as it's default. Ensure the little switch is set to the WEB setting. If all your devices are on 192.168.1.X that means they are on another network and won't be able to find it unless you have proper routing set up. Connect to it and manually set your IP to be on the same network as the device to find it. Then I would advise changing it to match your existing network.

TwistedNetworking

Mar 22, 2024
Physically connect directly to it without any other network equipment and put your PC on the same network as it's default. Ensure the little switch is set to the WEB setting. If all your devices are on 192.168.1.X that means they are on another network and won't be able to find it unless you have proper routing set up. Connect to it and manually set your IP to be on the same network as the device to find it. Then I would advise changing it to match your existing network.
Thank you. So I have been testing this with a windows 10 laptop plugged directly to the switch, and have unplugged everything else from the switch, 192.168.0.1 is still unreachable. Can you please briefly outline "proper routing set up" and "Connect to it and manually set your IP to be on the same network as the device to find it."? I'm happy to go google more, but what would proper routing look like? Guessing this will be in the pfsense router?

Koop

Jan 24, 2024
"Connect to it and manually set your IP to be on the same network as the device to find it."?
When you're directly connected to the switch with your windows laptop did you set your windows laptop IP address manually.

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Right click on your connection and click properties. Set the IP and netmask. Like so:

1711273689910.png

Can you please briefly outline "proper routing set up
There's no way to really do so briefly. I would focus on just trying to get into the GUI of the switch and changing it to be the same as your existing network. To learn more on setting up routing in PFSense I would recommend reading the documentation. Routing | pfSense Documentation

Reactions: nexox

TwistedNetworking

Mar 22, 2024
Ok, I got into it with those very helpful screenshots thank you and have now changed it to be accessible easily. I'd seen that screen in the STH blog post but it wasn't filled out so fully.
And yeah fair on referring to the docs, cheers.

Reactions: Koop